Support forums : Branches

create custom blogs

Discussion about existing branches and the directions they need to go in, or, for branches that are going to happen. "Quickies" is wide open. "Branches" is more focused.

Moderator: Dracones

create custom blogs

Postby EdB » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:59 pm

First, uses a new file for blog creation so that an installer can customize all aspects of all blogs before installation. Second, adds "nifty_colors" template. Third, changes item.css to tinymce.css and contains an example of that file in the new template.

This is basically the "awesome_blog_something" branch redone. I pulled it down because it wasn't in merge and I got the bits I wanted out of it, but I think QP can benefit from it enough that I wanted to get it back up here.

The core of it is using a new file for all blog creation content. A regular person doing an installation won't notice any difference, but someone who wants to set all their blog bits can now do that before installation. Any number of blogs, and blog settings, any categories. The advanced installer can also tell it to not bother with canned posts or canned widgets.

The next thing is this adds the "nifty_colors" template which arguably is "new" for QP in that it does not exist anywhere else in the world. Except QP5 :) That template has many settings but does not suggest widgets. And won't for all I care but QP can do as QP sees fit of course.

Finally, I made tinymce look for a file called "tinymce.css" instead of "item.css" in the blog's template and provided an example of that inside the new template.
EdB
Dracone

Re: create custom blogs

Postby leeturner » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:12 pm

Thanks for that. Will test asap

L
leeturner
Dracone

Return to Branches