Support forums : Branches

templates from that other app

Discussion about existing branches and the directions they need to go in, or, for branches that are going to happen. "Quickies" is wide open. "Branches" is more focused.

Moderator: Dracones

Re: templates from that other app

Postby Kimberly » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:59 pm

Any idea when the release date is for the next release? I mention the winter solstice holiday but I don't think any date was set.
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby Kimberly » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:02 pm

leeturner wrote:Well, it looks like I am in a minority as far as number of templates are concerned :-) I'll let this one run its course and see what we end up with. It will be great to see some nice QP styled templates either way.

L

No, I think we were still talking about reducing the number. When we figured out the ones that we were going to keep, I was thinking about giving them a new coat of paint. There are plenty of royalty free images and I am not too bad with a graphic editor.
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby leeturner » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:20 pm

Kimberly wrote:Any idea when the release date is for the next release? I mention the winter solstice holiday but I don't think any date was set.

No formal date set. I would like to get the current branches in merge sorted and then the template/plugins branches sorted and then do a release as soon after that as possible. Once we have a release done we can start to schedule the 4 month release cycle in.

L
leeturner
Dracone

Postby leeturner » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:28 pm

Kimberly wrote:No, I think we were still talking about reducing the number. When we figured out the ones that we were going to keep, I was thinking about giving them a new coat of paint. There are plenty of royalty free images and I am not too bad with a graphic editor.

I think my views are a little more extreme than others :) I would like to see the core kept to a total minimum with regards to templates and plugins that are actually shipped with it. We can't possibly begin to guess what people will want so I think it is a good thing that they go to the QP plugins and templates site to customise their installation.

However, its all about middle ground :D
leeturner
Dracone

Postby EdB » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:06 pm

Imagine that. Someone else has the extreme view this time!

Yeah I'm on board with getting a few things cleaned up and a few big ticket branches worked in. templates and plugins, though personally I'd love to see us make headway on mass uploading. Another day perhaps eh?

For sure we will end up with less than 20. I personally would like to stop at either 11. 8 visibles, 2 feeds, and 1 sitemap. BUT it takes having stuff first.

BTW I am totally close to autodiscovery of all templates including a way for someone to dial in which template they want on which blog.
EdB
Dracone

Postby Kimberly » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:13 pm

The winter is a better time for me to work. It gets dark at 5 pm or so and the gardens are all shut for the winter and are not calling to me. It is too cold to do anything outside and I stay inside hibernating in my little office where I have a space heater to keep me warm. :D
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby SusanG » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:48 pm

OK. Catching up. I may be AWOl as I'm cracking on two website designs, both of which have asked for limited ability to add content but ... guess what ... don't code. So ... I've suggested QP as an option :)

I think we are almost all on the same page, less templates shipped (yes Lee, 8 visible is less LOL) and hopefully QP Only designs. So, Kimberly has offered and I will too. I've got a horrific MySpacey one that I don't know if I've got the balls to finish without refining it a wee bit towards some elegance. I can probably do some wild large graphics ones.

Both Kimberly and I want to see that Photoblog become what it should. So if we come up with at least one each theme in terms of layout and design (maybe even two one dark/one light) can you PHP Dragon wizards come up with the code to make the photoblog function with albums instead of just the index page?

Kimberly, that EXIF idea is very very cool. Maybe with an on/off choice as some photogs don't want their EXIF displayed?

It sounds like Ed's got at least two templates, the Nifty one and the 3 col one that already installs with QP.

WDYT?
say goodnight Gracie!
SusanG
Dracone

Previous

Return to Branches