Support forums : Branches

[done] qp5_html5_templates

Discussion about existing branches and the directions they need to go in, or, for branches that are going to happen. "Quickies" is wide open. "Branches" is more focused.

Moderator: Dracones

[done] qp5_html5_templates

Postby EdB » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:08 pm

https://code.launchpad.net/~quam-plures ... _templates This branch is going to finally let us have html5 templates, and make some noticeable progress towards "monster". When I use winmerge to find the diffs between packages, I have 1040 between monster and current core. Adding the "smallstep" branch brings that down to 1035 :( Some of those now have very few diffs, but still the goal is zero files different right? Anyway doing this branch brings it down to 769 diffs. Might be a few more that get matched up, but for now that sounds like progress to me :D

This branch is a MAJOR change to how templates work!
  • get_default_name() and get_default_type() are gone - they won't do your template any good anymore.
  • Your _template.class.php file will need 5 vars defined for your template
    Code: Select all
    class darkdragon_Template extends Template
    {
       var $container_order = array( 'Header','Menu','Sidebar','Footer' );
       var $folder = 'darkdragon';
       var $name = 'Dark Dragon';
       var $type = 'html5';
       var $version = '1.0';
    • $container_order => tells core what order to list the containers on the widgets page
    • $folder => obvious? the name of your template's folder
    • $name => obvious? the name of your template
    • $type => can be xthml, html5, feed, or other. Almost every existing template will be xhtml eh?
    • $version => not yet used ...

There's probably more notes I want to make about this branch, but for now this is a good start. The branch is functional but will need a lot more testing to be sure. I figure "smallstep" can have a few days lingering in merge while I dial in this one, then this will be ready to go into merge.
Edit Currently completely useless ... don't even bother with it :(
EdB
Dracone

Re: qp5_html5_templates

Postby EdB » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:17 pm

Okay all better now, but seriously needs testing. Gonna put it into merge anyway figuring it don't hurt for it to be there.

I got a bit of stuff to get done today but will find time over the weekend to get good testing done. There is a known cosmetic issue when you switch to the 'dark dragon' template, which I opted to not worry about because eventually through the course of the monster branch it'll get taken care of :)
EdB
Dracone

Re: [done] qp5_html5_templates

Postby Kimberly » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:58 pm

OK, what should I be doing to help here? I have forgotten everything I knew about launchpad.
Kimberly
Dracone

Re: [done] qp5_html5_templates

Postby EdB » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:11 pm

No worries :)

Get back into a launchpad groove would be good, but these damned "qp5_something" branches are just gonna keep happening for a while. I do quick testing to make sure each easy-clickable doesn't throw a gross error, then call it good and move on to the next major chunk. The goal being making QP be what QP5 is only documenting the changes and steps along the way.

Oh and dig up all you can on the FM-in-a-iframe thing :)

Oh and take a look at the main website and see if you too think it is totally disorganized and maybe see what you want to do about owning it :)

BTW I've still got quite a long way to go on getting the monster process resolved. Slowly, but much quicker than nothing at all eh?
EdB
Dracone

Return to Branches