Support forums : Branches

[done] qp5_antispam

Discussion about existing branches and the directions they need to go in, or, for branches that are going to happen. "Quickies" is wide open. "Branches" is more focused.

Moderator: Dracones

[done] qp5_antispam

Postby EdB » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:38 am

https://code.launchpad.net/~quam-plures ... 5_antispam

I figured I'd try again to "step through" the monster branch by following the database. I figure that'll eventually get most everything 'monstered', saving very little for the final branch, and giving us a much better list of things that got changed along the way :)

• This is a database changer! 11 steps to tweak the antispam table into what we'll need going forward.
  • A function "evo_substr()" is now called "app_substr()". This may affect your plugins and templates!
  • A function "evo_strlen()" is now called "app_strlen()". This may affect your plugins and templates!
  • A variable "$evo_charset" is now called "$app_charset". This may affect your plugins and templates!
  • This totally overhauls how we look at antispam keywords. The whole idea of "core" keywords goes away in favor of a (planned) distributed model.
    • "core" keywords still exist, but only for the default ones in the package.
    • each keyword now has a datestamp on it when it was added to the database, a counter of how many things it removed and blocked, and a "date last seen" value.
    • keywords that are shortened are noted as such. These will be shared (eventually), but the fact that the user shortened them will be noted.

There may be better ways to describe this stuff. If so we just edit this post so we can use it when we make the next release.
EdB
Dracone

Return to Branches