Brad West wrote:if anyone else has anything to say cool,

viewtopic.php?p=1214#p1214
Topanga
Dracone

Re: Don't delete Brad and Sheryl

Postby Yabs » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:19 am

Brad West wrote:OK I'm in dam it!

Yay :D

Brad West wrote:Ok this is a phpbb3, Lets kill your spam bots now.

Registration is the way it is because we're kinda invite only at the moment. Killing stupid bots can be done without captcha ;)

Welcome into the nuthouse, I hope you enjoy your stay :D

¥
I may have opened the door but you entered of your own free will

Image Techno Babble II
Image Tacky Pad 3
Yabs
Dracone

Postby Brad West » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:10 pm

I am setting up another site to rough out what we need to get started. That and a bunch of creative brainstorming.
Now us not being coders have noticed something over the years. Every group of people have their own way of communicating.

Do not in anyway take this the wrong way, really!
No way can we do what you do.

I know we are not the only ones to notice this but coders write in a different language. I am presuming that because someone that codes understands how things work so well that for the beginner it is sometimes impossible to comprehend with out questions and allot of then sometimes.

For instance back when we were just learning what a web log was B2 was our first choice, because we didn't know any better. :lol:

Back then the instructions were "first post", "comment", "another blog" something that.

So what we will do is rough out an outline and fill in the blanks as things progress. This to will give us some time to look at every aspect and create some input also.

Now getting back to communicating with simple people check this out at the Guild. Just read what is above the fold then hit the link to go to Read Write Web, read some of the comments on the first 3 pages or so. This is a sample of what we have to work with.

Until today I didn't understand the extent of delinquency and lack of cranial function in the world.
Thought I would pick an appropriate domain
So I stole Sheryl's http://judgmentalbitch.com/
Brad West

Postby Topanga » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:14 pm

Don't worry Brad.
Most people on this forum are 'normal' users, not coders ;)
Topanga
Dracone

Postby Brad West » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:19 pm

Topanga wrote:Don't worry Brad.
Most people on this forum are 'normal' users, not coders ;)

Well that's a relief I was a little scared in here with all the big brains.

Yabs wrote:Registration is the way it is because we're kinda invite only at the moment. Killing stupid bots can be done without captcha ;)

Welcome into the nuthouse, I hope you enjoy your stay :D

¥

There are a few ways to keep bots out, the captcha was just the simple quick way we did it. really not that intrusive, easy to use, and pretty common.
Thanks for having us though!
Brad West

Postby Brad West » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:48 am

OK I'm going way out on a limb here while working on the outline. Besides having good info on the site itself Would anyone like to see video tutorials of the admin panel and workings of this machine?

It could be allot of work, but I'm thinking if Quam Plures is going to be a step above probably should start thinking in every aspect to be a step above.

I have two sites set-up one for reference one for working on. The paper outline is already getting pretty large.
Videos could burn some bandwidth so it may be worth entertaining the thought of getting set-up on youtube and burn their bandwidth.

Whatever you think
Brad West

Postby Topanga » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:50 am

Brad : the documentation and screencast-issue is dealth with in this topic : viewtopic.php?p=330
Topanga
Dracone

Postby Yabs » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:11 am

Brad West wrote:I know we are not the only ones to notice this but coders write in a different language.

Could I possibly suggest that you delete the following code from the <head> of your guild website? It makes it pretty impossible to view it on my browser ;)
Code: Select all
       <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="; URL=" />
       <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="" />

Brad West wrote:Now getting back to communicating with simple people check this out at the Guild. Just read what is above the fold then hit the link to go to Read Write Web, read some of the comments on the first 3 pages or so. This is a sample of what we have to work with.

Lol, that takes me back to a post I wrote about proxies and dumb arse myspace users, I was soooo pissed with them that I put a *blatantly not myspace login* form in the post. I turned it off after 700+ attempts by myspace users to login. Even though the submit page came up with a (huge all caps text ) message that this was not myspace and they should never login on strange wwebsites, several still tried multiple times :-S

Brad West wrote:There are a few ways to keep bots out, the captcha was just the simple quick way we did it. really not that intrusive, easy to use, and pretty common.
Thanks for having us though!

I'm one of those weird people that absolutely detests captcha or anything that makes a human jump through hoops to prove they're human ;)

I look forward to any feedback you have regarding any aspect of QP, as Toppie says it's not about the coders it's about the user experience.

¥
I may have opened the door but you entered of your own free will

Image Techno Babble II
Image Tacky Pad 3
Yabs
Dracone

Postby Topanga » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:18 am

I'm going to close this topic, because the 'deleting or not' of your users is dealth with.
I want to 'streamline' the discussions here a little bit. There is already so mutch going on here, that otherwise a 'cat couldn't find back her kittens' ;)
Topanga
Dracone

Previous

Return to We, Quam Plures