Moderator: Dracones

Re: A new bug tracker

Postby Tblue » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:59 pm

Wait, nevermind, promoted you.
Tblue
Dracone

Postby Tblue » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:12 pm

Okay, bad news. I wanted to use the mailing list that Launchpad provides for the quam-plures-security group to post bugmail related to security vulnerabilites there, but it turns out that this list public -- not good for sensitive messages. I'll try to set up a mailing list on the QP server (that's the good thing: it makes such tasks very easy).

//edit: Done! Added all members of ~quam-plures-security.
Tblue
Dracone

Postby EdB » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:53 pm

When you're done tinkering please post here. Tween now and then I'm figuring everything is practice and thus not worthy of immediate attention.
EdB
Dracone

Postby Tblue » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:58 pm

Okay, done. :) Basic configuration is done.
Tblue
Dracone

Postby EdB » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:23 am

I think I figured something out just now. I sorta know there are currently 3 bugs, but I only find one of them when I click "Search existing bug reports" then the "search" button. Bugs 13 and 14 have a status of "resolved", which is only findable if you search for "closed" bugs. The whole truth is there is a branch in merge that addresses those bugs, but if someone else searches they won't find them. Those bugs are still very active in every available version of QP known to man.

The problem therefore is that the statuses one might set a bug to do not align with the statuses available when searching for bugs. That is why a branch a little while ago I didn't close the bug report on: it didn't show up as an open bug report!

The solution? Observe that there is no functional difference between resolved and closed, and don't close a bug report if it isn't actually closed. Oh wait maybe "resolved" is for something like "it wasn't really a bug due to user not aware of something"?

Dunno. All I know is if I click for open bug reports I get a list of one bug even though there are three.
EdB
Dracone

Postby Tblue » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:57 am

See http://bugs.quamplures.net/cgi-bin/page ... ields.html

Well, I figured "resolved" would mean something like "fixed in a branch that is proposed for merge, but not actually merged into trunk yet". "Closed"
would then mean "Merged into trunk".
Tblue
Dracone

Previous

Return to We, Quam Plures