Support forums : Permissions

a permissions thing

This forum is for anything and everything that helps us get a handle on what is wrong with and where we want to go with "permissions".

Moderator: Dracones

a permissions thing

Postby EdB » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:35 pm

The blogger has no permission to File Manager, but on the write page they still get the images & attachments section. This seems in general to be a miss although they don't have links that go nowhere or cause problems. Just the idea that why show what they can't use.

Marginally related, it'd be nice if we could do which section of the write tab shows up based on group or user permissions. I am using a blog as a forum, so would be perfectly okay with not showing them the Images & Attachments or Advanced Properties sections. Same with Item issue date and Text Renderers, though Item issue date might be unique to my installations. I tweaked the write tab is why I say that.

Off topic Wow the buttons on quick-tags are really narrow and packed together on chrome.
EdB
Dracone

Re: a permissions thing

Postby EdB » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:36 pm

Okay this one seems serious. My low-level blogger doesn't have a "publish now" button. I can't for the life of me imagine why that would be.
EdB
Dracone

Postby SusanG » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:06 am

Just took a quick look at the install. Very nice! The BO looks a lot more tidy ... which may cause you guys to roll your eyes at me but:

Did you do away with the Advanced perms? I know they looked like a ClusterF*ck in 4x but whoever put them in was onto an interesting twist (my theory only)

On my way out. Will have a more in depth look later today.
say goodnight Gracie!
SusanG
Dracone

Postby SusanG » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:25 pm

Found it! Sure to have more questions :)
say goodnight Gracie!
SusanG
Dracone

Return to Permissions