Support forums : QP runs what?

We need money to pay for our domains

Post links to your QP installation(s) here, and maybe say what version or what special tricks you did to make it be what you wanted?

We need money to pay for our domains

Postby Tblue » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:40 pm

Just thought I'd make this an announcement so more people see it.

As the title already says, we need some money to pay for our domains. Currently, it's about $30 US per year.

More info here: viewtopic.php?p=6161#p6161
If you think you can contribute a few dollars, please do! The more people chip in, the less everybody who wants to help has to pay.

Thanks!
Tblue
Dracone

Re: We need money to pay for our domains

Postby SusanG » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:53 pm

Guys, Do you have a Paypal Account (I sorta read the thread but honestly may have missed that bit) PM me if that's more appropriate.
say goodnight Gracie!
SusanG
Dracone

Postby Kimberly » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:45 pm

SusanG wrote:Guys, Do you have a Paypal Account (I sorta read the thread but honestly may have missed that bit) PM me if that's more appropriate.

For now the domains are sitting with me. What I would like to see later is to set up the domains and payment system independent of any one user. That way if someone leaves the group, we don't have to go through this again. I have a paypal account connected to my hosting to pay for the domain fees. Later I hope we can set up a Quam Plures payment structure; it would handle all the donations made to support Quam Plures.

When we get an idea of how many people are willing to help with the costs; a lot of us are poor folks :D, we can see how much each contribution would be. Instead of just posting the paypal address in the forums; I am a stickler when it comes to security, I will send the payment email for the paypal account to each contributor.

For those who can't paypal, maybe just sending the money through post to someone who can might be the cheapest and easiest route.
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby SusanG » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:16 am

Kimberly wrote:
SusanG wrote:Guys, Do you have a Paypal Account (I sorta read the thread but honestly may have missed that bit) PM me if that's more appropriate.

For now the domains are sitting with me. What I would like to see later is to set up the domains and payment system independent of any one user. That way if someone leaves the group, we don't have to go through this again. I have a paypal account connected to my hosting to pay for the domain fees. Later I hope we can set up a Quam Plures payment structure; it would handle all the donations made to support Quam Plures.

When we get an idea of how many people are willing to help with the costs; a lot of us are poor folks :D, we can see how much each contribution would be. Instead of just posting the paypal address in the forums; I am a stickler when it comes to security, I will send the payment email for the paypal account to each contributor.

For those who can't paypal, maybe just sending the money through post to someone who can might be the cheapest and easiest route.

I figured there would be something like that as I'm guessing there is no formal organisation yet which I think PayPal would require for any donations/payments to go towards Quam Plures officially.

Send me your PayPal address in a PM Kimberly, whatever I can do I will.
say goodnight Gracie!
SusanG
Dracone

Postby Kimberly » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:32 am

Susan has sent $40.00 to help with the payment of the domains. Thank you Susan for your help, it is appreciated.
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby leeturner » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:35 am

Wow, thanks Susan. Doesn't that cover everything that we need for now ?
leeturner
Dracone

Postby EdB » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:49 pm

+1 SusanG!
EdB
Dracone

Postby SusanG » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:02 pm

:) Happy I was able to do it!
say goodnight Gracie!
SusanG