Support forums : QP runs what?

Two Blogs I am building for someone.

Post links to your QP installation(s) here, and maybe say what version or what special tricks you did to make it be what you wanted?

Two Blogs I am building for someone.

Postby Kimberly » Mon May 23, 2011 5:04 am

Doing a bit of free work for someone who wanted a blog(s) and of course I went with QP as the app for the job.

Not a lot to say about the themes, standard header and left sidebar and content area. The blog posts are separated out from each other on the page. The main thing is how the comments are displayed. The client wanted the comments to be displayed following the blog post instead of a comment link. Also, to save space the comment form is hidden from initial view and is displayed by clicking on the leave a comment link, or hidden by clicking on hide comment form (a hidden division with javascript to show/hide the division; the trick is to use a bit of php code to give each comment form on the page a different ID). Still need to clean up the theme and change some font sizes and such. The only thing I am not sure about is jumping to the single blog post when someone leaves a comment; may leave it, or may change it.

This is not a pure QP install; in the backend I made changes to the file manager in a pop-up when editing a post. Added two file buttons; one is to upload a file and then insert it into the post. The other is a browse files to insert into the post (the idea is to limit features in the upload in a pop-up since the full file manager is not needed) . There has been a lot of discussions on the file manager and I really think the file manager should have been outside the core; as a plugin. That would allow different file managers to be use based on how the user works. We could offer a file manager plugin that ships with the core; however, one would be free to use another file manager, or to make changes to the core one and offer it with new features.

Free free to visit the sites, but at the moment it is still in development. Just test posts; mostly for a TinyMCE Fancybox plugin that I am working on that has a slight bug that won't load in the current values for a fancybox link. To use the TinyMCE fancybox plugin requires the user to use Lee's fancybox plugin (edited with the correct fancybox code) or to add the fancybox bits by hand.

http://eee.stephenfaust.net/
http://fromthepen.stephenfaust.net/
Kimberly
Dracone

Re: Two Blogs I am building for someone.

Postby Yabs » Tue May 24, 2011 6:07 pm

I'd add some form of background behind copyright/footer text to lift it off the page.

Stole your paper background btw, looks great when you change it to inverted greyscale ;)

¥
I may have opened the door but you entered of your own free will

Image Techno Babble II
Image Tacky Pad 3
Yabs
Dracone

Re: Two Blogs I am building for someone.

Postby Kimberly » Thu May 26, 2011 3:43 am

Yabs wrote:I'd add some form of background behind copyright/footer text to lift it off the page.

Stole your paper background btw, looks great when you change it to inverted greyscale ;)

¥

Yes, I usually just make the background colour white.

I guess since you inverted it to greyscale it falls under the "derived works"; of course that only applies to US copyright in the first place :D
Kimberly
Dracone

Return to QP runs what?