Support forums : QP runs what?

QP runs Boobs As Beer Holders

Post links to your QP installation(s) here, and maybe say what version or what special tricks you did to make it be what you wanted?

QP runs Boobs As Beer Holders

Postby Kimberly » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:55 am

You can stop rubbing your eyes :lol: you are not seeing things. http://boobsasbeerholders.com/

The idea behind the site is that people can upload images; and as the name suggests, adult images, to the site and then people can rate them. They will probably make millions :lol:

The site uses the basic photo theme with little changes. What was added to the site; and not through a plugin I am afraid, was the upload class mentioned in the forums so that visitors to the site can upload images directly to the media folder; well, they don't upload directly, the images are stored to a tmp folder outside of the QP site and the class then resizes them to a standard dimension with aspect ratio kept intact and moves them to the media folder automatically storing them in a folder with the current month and year. Once moved the original image is then deleted. The other feature was the ability to email images to the site with the idea that people will take photos with their smartphones and then use the smartphone email function to email the images to the site; I am not up to writing phone apps. That works by a script that logs into the mail server and retrieves the emails, extracts the attachments and stores them in the temp folder. Then the upload class is called to do the resize and move as with the upload in the website. Oh, it then sends an email to the site owner letting them know that new photos have been added to the site. The owner then picks one to be placed on the site.

Oh, I converted the star rating plugin to QP. There is a slight bug when you decide to have more than five stars and the fix is an easy one if I do it. I mentioned it to the original author of the plugin, Instead of the CSS controlling the location of the "get votes" it needs to be moved from the css file to the php file and let php calculate the position based on the number of stars.
Kimberly
Dracone

Re: QP runs Boobs As Beer Holders

Postby leeturner » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:10 am

Excellent, looks great
leeturner
Dracone

Postby Kimberly » Sun May 26, 2013 8:51 pm

The site owner is dropping me as her hosting provider; going with HostGator. Plus, she is dropping me as the website administrator; told me she is going to do it all herself. Plus, she is moving the site to WP, gaging here LOL. So I have been working to transfer the domains over to HostGator's registrar.
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby EdB » Mon May 27, 2013 4:21 am

For a large fee I hope. Moving to a different everything is fine, but so is paying through the nose for it :)
EdB
Dracone

Postby Kimberly » Wed May 29, 2013 7:37 pm

EdB wrote:For a large fee I hope. Moving to a different everything is fine, but so is paying through the nose for it :)

I am not charging anything in helping to transfer the domains. Unless she has someone else helping, the person is not very technical. My guess is that she installed WorldPress through the HostGator control panel. I don't see her having anything near what she had with me. I figured I would keep the door open for consultations; with fees of course. I did zip up the site files and send them to her. She may decide to move off of WP back to QP and be asking me for help :-).
Kimberly
Dracone

Return to QP runs what?