Support forums : Feature Requests

Facebook Comments Plugin - Admin

Now that you've read stuff first and introduced yourself, the next thing you'll probably want to do is say what you want Quam Plures to have and do. So here ya go: A feature request forum!

Moderator: Dracones

Facebook Comments Plugin - Admin

Postby SusanG » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:26 pm

I'm branching off from the thread viewtopic.php?f=26&t=927&p=6341&hilit=facebook+meta#p6341

The FB comments plugin is WIZARD! I'm already getting comments on posts!

Lee, if you can pencil in adding the <META> field where the admin can plugin their Facebook ID it will auto create an Admin page within Facebook. That does give the ability to moderate the commenting structure (blacklist, visibility, etc.). It may also provide notifications but not sure about that aspect.
say goodnight Gracie!
SusanG
Dracone

Re: Facebook Comments Plugin - Admin

Postby leeturner » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:38 pm

No worries, I'll get onto it as soon as I can

L
leeturner
Dracone

Re: Facebook Comments Plugin - Admin

Postby SusanG » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:48 pm

Hi Lee,

We can scrap the idea to include comment notifications to the plugin, FB has decided to deprecate that option :(

I've looked into Disqus as an alternative third party commenting structure and it's much better then FB as it allows quite a bit of customisation and includes comment notification. I downloaded the plugin for disqus from that "other platform" and had a look. It was written for b2e v.2 and I tried using it but no joy, though it does install as a plugin after I swapped out most of the syntax for QP specific but I can't get it to show up as a renderer in the post edit page, nor does it plug in to the post page.

I did hack the core to add a js call direct to disqus and it works, but is a kluge and a bit of a Cluster F*ck.

I've uploaded a copy of the plugin if anyone wants to chime in. Which would be great as I have no idea what I'm doing :)
Attachments
_disqus.plugin.php.doc
(4.91 KiB) Downloaded 470 times
say goodnight Gracie!
SusanG
Dracone

Return to Feature Requests