Support forums : Feature Requests

More connectivity w/ Social Apps & Platforms

Now that you've read stuff first and introduced yourself, the next thing you'll probably want to do is say what you want Quam Plures to have and do. So here ya go: A feature request forum!

Moderator: Dracones

Re: More connectivity w/ Social Apps & Platforms

Postby leeturner » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:39 am

Nested Comments *I know Yabba had a go at this for b2e3x, so it should be doable with QP?

Yeah, I think we should have his nested comments plugin somewhere so we should get it out, dust it off and convert it to QP. There is also the Facebook comments that support nested and discus comments do as well I think.

L
leeturner
Dracone

Postby SusanG » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:54 pm

I did install Lee's FancyBox yesterday and it's very, very nice! The jq Lightbox plugin only does images but it's a nice smooth transition in the load rather then the abrupt "here it is".

I also took a look a Yab's AM_Nested Comments yesterday. Keep in mind it's like reading another language for me, I can follow the context but can't conjugate the verbs. It was written for 2x and I'm guessing that the _feedback.php got split into two files and there are some references to things like $evoComments which I would think have changed in syntax for QP? But it does look doable and would be an extremely powerful addition!
say goodnight Gracie!
SusanG
Dracone

Postby EdB » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:48 pm

Yeah the feedback thing was split in that other app. I don't recall evoComments though.
EdB
Dracone

Postby SusanG » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:59 pm

maybe evoComments was something Yabba did to distinguish it from Comments?
say goodnight Gracie!
SusanG
Dracone

Postby Kimberly » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:18 pm

SusanG wrote:I did install Lee's FancyBox yesterday and it's very, very nice! The jq Lightbox plugin only does images but it's a nice smooth transition in the load rather then the abrupt "here it is".

There are transitional effects for fancybox. Instead of just trying to list them and how to use them I will provide the link to fancybox's site:

http://fancybox.net/

I spent a lot of time looking at lightbox applications and for me, Fancybox was the one to use as far as features and the way the call was made to Fancybox. I like the use of the id and classes because it makes it so easy, and you can use the relation tag for other things as well.
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby EdB » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:28 pm

What about jQueryUI? I honestly have no clue but it is already in core is why I bring it up.

Edit I dunno why I bother to click through to js-powered sites. I never see what they think is so cool. All I see is a bunch of images linked to the image in the browser window. In other words, they assume I will give them JS powers and their site sucks without it. Oh well eh?
EdB
Dracone

Postby SusanG » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:36 pm

EdB wrote:What about jQueryUI? I honestly have no clue but it is already in core is why I bring it up.

Edit I dunno why I bother to click through to js-powered sites. I never see what they think is so cool. All I see is a bunch of images linked to the image in the browser window. In other words, they assume I will give them JS powers and their site sucks without it. Oh well eh?

I think that small bits of jQ can add some function as well as pleasing effect if used judiciously. Like how Kimberly is using the FancyBox.

jQ is like FLASH in that building a site that relies on loading so much into the visitor's browser in order to work is just ... bloatful! (I never did take to FLASH, though I use it in some cases but treat it like the plague and quarantine it if I can)

These days we almost have to have js turned on as default if we expect to be able to use some of the "big boy" sites as they force that upon us as well as redundancy upon our choices in browsers :(
say goodnight Gracie!
SusanG
Dracone

Previous

Return to Feature Requests