Support forums : Feature Requests

My demands

Now that you've read stuff first and introduced yourself, the next thing you'll probably want to do is say what you want Quam Plures to have and do. So here ya go: A feature request forum!

Moderator: Dracones

My demands

Postby Daethian » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:39 pm

Or polite requests :)
Built in Mobile friendly theme/skin/template/whatever
Possibly this already exists? I should have attempted to load a Quam Plures site on my phone before posting I guess.

Archiving of categories or a better way to show what appears in the sidebar like maybe a short list with a 'see all' link but I want to pick what goes on the short list.

Better on the fly watermarking. Right now in b2 it works sometimes and not others and I sure can't figure out what is causing it to be inconsistent.

Someway to organize uploaded files/photos after the fact. IE: I uploaded all my 2010 pics to the root of my media folder and this year wished I had made a 2010 folder for them. I was told that now moving all those photos into their own folder and fixing all of the posts would be a nightmare. My OCD is not happy with this solution.

A 'close all comments on posts older than X' button so I don't have to keep running SQL queries :mrgreen:
Daethian
User avatar
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:20 am
Location: St Louis area

Re: My demands

Postby EdB » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:53 am

Daethian wrote:... Built in Mobile friendly theme/skin/template/whatever
Possibly this already exists? I should have attempted to load a Quam Plures site on my phone before posting I guess ...

Part of that depends on the template, but yeah it'd be cool if core had "this is mobile" so a template could be written to take advantage of that information.

Daethian wrote:... Archiving of categories or a better way to show what appears in the sidebar like maybe a short list with a 'see all' link but I want to pick what goes on the short list ...

Not sure I follow you so I'll go with "yeah that'd be cool" :)

Daethian wrote:... Better on the fly watermarking. Right now in b2 it works sometimes and not others and I sure can't figure out what is causing it to be inconsistent ...

I don't think we're doing any watermarking although we did adopt the hooks that other app uses to make the watermarking plugin happen. That means one day someone around here will do it *right*.

Daethian wrote:... Someway to organize uploaded files/photos after the fact. IE: I uploaded all my 2010 pics to the root of my media folder and this year wished I had made a 2010 folder for them. I was told that now moving all those photos into their own folder and fixing all of the posts would be a nightmare. My OCD is not happy with this solution ...

hmmm... Attached images (the ones that resize automagically) should follow if an image is moved because it goes by image ID. Inserted images (no automatic resizing, could be inline with text) are the problem AND the solution doesn't sound so hard in my head right now. Basically a query that says "if the post has media/blogs/id_3/whatever/filename.jpg in it then change it to media/blogs/id_3/blahblahblah/filename.jpg". Alternatively we would have to go back in time and make sure every image has an ID number (they don't), then make sure somehow that we track which items an image is inserted into. Which is impossible because I could copy/paste the code from one item to another. So plan B would be "go back to plan A".

Daethian wrote:... A 'close all comments on posts older than X' button so I don't have to keep running SQL queries :mrgreen: ...

This actually sounds like a simple antispam trick and to my way of thinking would/could/should be part of the basic antispam plugin ... which by the way shouldn't be called basic antispam since it is actually a collection of Simple yet Helpful Antispam Tricks. Anybody mind if we rename that one to SHAT?
EdB
Dracone
User avatar
 
Posts: 2072
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:20 am
Location: Maricopa Arizona

Re: My demands

Postby Daethian » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:58 pm

The Wordpress mobile skin is simple and cool (not so much so that I'm willing to use Wordpress). I installed QP yesterday on an empty domain I have #domainhoarder and it looks great on my HTC Thunderbolt but not as clean as the Wordpress mobile thing.


Archiving categories:
So in the past I have blogged about things like shit I want for Christmas 2008. No one cares about that NOW. Yes I could got and delete the posts and the category but archive or hide would be the easier #lazy way for me to do it. I also have some lesser used categories and sub categories that I wouldn't mind hiding on the sidebar to streamline and conserve space. So I probably have 20-ish categories on my main blog and when I use that widget it looks messy and overly long to me. I just want to be able to control what categories display in the categories widget.

Watermarking isn't a huge deal since I only recently discovered it with b2. I try to watermark on my own before uploading via FTP for my photoblog.

The moving of files isn't a huge deal either... just a recent snag I hit with b2. I thought I should be able to move those photos and update the links with a find and replace query but my SQL knowledge is limited to asking other people for the code and pasting it in the box. Yabs said if I was anal enough it was doable but I should stop obsessing and move on LOL
Daethian
User avatar
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:20 am
Location: St Louis area


Return to Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron