Support forums : Feature Requests

Include Gray in formatting buttons

Now that you've read stuff first and introduced yourself, the next thing you'll probably want to do is say what you want Quam Plures to have and do. So here ya go: A feature request forum!

Moderator: Dracones

Re: Include Gray in formatting buttons

Postby Kimberly » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:35 am

EdB wrote:... it will both use and save the color selected.

I never saw this action. If I leave the editor and come back in, it goes back to the default grey. What steps should I do to recreate this?
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby EdB » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:51 am

The way I discovered is to use the small dot target in the big colorful box on the left side of the floaty-box thing instead of the sliders to make your color happen. You should immediately see the color in the middle box, or the left of the two boxes that start a dark gray color.

Then save your post. Saving as draft is good enough. As long as you save it. You should then be able to verify that the last color you used is the one it starts with next time by either creating/editing another post, or just checking your user settings at the plugins section.

(Oh and that setting shouldn't just sit there. It looks like crap. A label and a note would do nicely to label and note what that box is all about eh?)
EdB
Dracone

Postby Kimberly » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:18 am

EdB wrote:(Oh and that setting shouldn't just sit there. It looks like crap. A label and a note would do nicely to label and note what that box is all about eh?)

I noticed that it is hard to read the actual numbers in the colour picker, but not sure how important that is.
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby Afwas » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:48 pm

Kimberly, it seems you are using an outdated version. Please download the plugin which I have updated just now.
The latest version should memoize the color you used in a previous post. I'm a tad surprised it works together with TinyMCE but for the better. Yes it uses spans. That's not the most elegant solution but that's what (x)HTML is about. This is not different from the fixed colors that use classes inside the span.

EdB's testunit should never present the randomcolor.
The 'bug' EdB sees is in
Code: Select all
209        function AfterItemInsert( & $params )
210        {
211                $this->AfterItemUpdate( & $params );
212        }

and is fixed by removing the & in line 211. It's a deprecation warning which I would regard as the tiniest of tiny bugs. More of a matter to the FG who reeally has to choose if he wants to continue supporting PHP4.

Thanks both for testing (and yabs also). If you find issues please report.
Afwas
Dracone

Postby Kimberly » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:08 am

Afwas wrote: Yes it uses spans. That's not the most elegant solution but that's what (x)HTML is about. This is not different from the fixed colors that use classes inside the span..

Yes, I understand that. I was just looking at if you apply a colour and then change it by applying the colour again you will get two spans; so you have to be sure to remove the first colour span before you changed the colour.

What I noticed is that TinyMCE interferes with saving the colour settings, but in HTML mode it works as it should. The TinyMCE does not matter as it has its own colour picker and most likely if one is using the TinyMCE editor then quick tags will be turned off anyway.

Thanks Afwas for this neat little colour picker.
Kimberly
Dracone

Previous

Return to Feature Requests