Support forums : Feature Requests

Widget permissions

Now that you've read stuff first and introduced yourself, the next thing you'll probably want to do is say what you want Quam Plures to have and do. So here ya go: A feature request forum!

Moderator: Dracones

Widget permissions

Postby Yabs » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:58 am

A tad ago I wrote a wrapper widget that achieved this, but it'd be a nice core addition to all widgets.

Basically I have a need to display widgets to only certain groups and/or blog members and/or registered users and/or visitors (current action ) and whilst I could just port my wrapper widget across it'd be far less of a ballache if this was a standard ability provide by the core as advanced widget settings. It'd probably take a tad of work to make it more robust than the "works for me" code that I currently have so possibly/probably not a v0 thing ;)

¥
I may have opened the door but you entered of your own free will

Image Techno Babble II
Image Tacky Pad 3
Yabs
Dracone

Re: Widget permissions

Postby EdB » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:33 am

Can we jumble the shit out of the wrapper's name? "Wrapper (widget : wrapper) Widget Name (title : text)"? If not it ain't worth doing.

You're talking about core-level control over the visibility of a widget on the public side, or who gets to tweak the knobs on the admin side, or who gets to even touch it on the admin side? I think you're talking the first and if so sounds good though most would default to "the way it is" ... except for plugin-generated widgets probably.

Gonna play with this when you wipe the "name in widget list" off your shoe?
EdB
Dracone

Re: Widget permissions

Postby Yabs » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:39 am

I was talking about the template side of the permissions but the "robust" bit was the admin side, "who can edit this" / "move this" / "(de)activate this" "see this" ... probably would also want settings for "and see it in 'add widget'" ... looks like my shoes just attract piles ;)

¥
I may have opened the door but you entered of your own free will

Image Techno Babble II
Image Tacky Pad 3
Yabs
Dracone

Return to Feature Requests