Support forums : Feature Requests

Some things that a basic user wants.

Now that you've read stuff first and introduced yourself, the next thing you'll probably want to do is say what you want Quam Plures to have and do. So here ya go: A feature request forum!

Moderator: Dracones

Re: Some things that a basic user wants.

Postby EdB » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:52 am

Yeah I totally dig on how yours reverts to using the actual page instead of the image in the browser thing.

We really need to start spinning threads off of this one. It's gotten to be 5 pages and I'll be damned if I'll haul through 5 pages of *any* forum post that doesn't have boobs in it. For example here I'm seeing a question very specifically focused on incorporating lightbox or fancybox and making it a params option, or leaving stuff like that to a plugin. ONE DAY I'd like to see the app capable of doing it nicely, but "is it core" is another old question that is hard to answer. For this I'd have to say no given that we have quite a few ways to handle attached & resized images. OTOH lightbox/fancybox is pretty much "standard cutting edge" out there in the wilds so why are we sorta stuck in the 90s?
EdB
Dracone

Postby Yabs » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:58 am

We could always lock this thread and start a few focused threads instead. Blueprints or Quickies is best.

Could also update our rules to reflect that any posts that reach 5 pages without bobbies will be deleted without warning :roll:

¥
I may have opened the door but you entered of your own free will

Image Techno Babble II
Image Tacky Pad 3
Yabs
Dracone

Postby jen » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:51 pm

Can't forum admins split posts? Create a new thread and move posts there, leaving this original thread for me to post what a basic user wants. :)
My blog homepage: Jen's Daily Blather
jen

Postby Yabs » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:02 pm

Yes, but we'd rather encourage boobies by page 4 ;)

Alternatively you could split your "a basic user requires" into separate topics, which would then allow us to develop those into bluprints/quickies ( not in the boobies sense ) posts, which would keep things "focused" (new word for the week ;) )

Pretty sure EdB would vote for "noooooooo, make it to page four and post boobies" ... but he's a smidge of a letch like that ;)

¥

Image Techno Babble II
Image Tacky Pad 3
Yabs
Dracone

Postby jen » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:05 pm

Do you want me to start new threads with all the things I already posted, and then the admins can move the necessary threads? Not sure what would be easier at this point.
jen

Postby Yabs » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:10 pm

Easiest would be : start new threads for all the bits which are important to *you*, some bits will be quickies, some bits will be ... well, wherever you think they fit, we can always move them to somewhere appropriate if we feel they fit better there. That way each problem can be addressed without "blur" ( next weeks new word :D )

Whatever you do, don't stop posting stuff that bothers *you*, otherwise we'll just end up with another app written by geeks for geeks ;)

¥

Image Techno Babble II
Image Tacky Pad 3
Yabs
Dracone

Postby EdB » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:22 pm

Yeah we could split stuff but it gets old doing that stuff real quick. Better to start something new I'd say. And you can always grab a 'permalink' from a post in a thread and paste it into a new topic if you don't want to re-write stuff that's already been talked about. The little square under the post title is what I mean.
EdB
Dracone

Postby jen » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:58 pm

Okay, since it's been forever since I installed QP to test with, I've forgotten pretty much everything involved (re: database usage, admin panel stuff, etc.). So, can someone tell me: Can I install the new QP over my test install, then do a test convert with my blog just to see what happens/what it looks like? So that I don't actually have to touch my blog and chance mucking it up?
jen

Previous

Return to Feature Requests