Support forums : The Future

Domains and Hosting

The future of this project but not in a "I want a pony" sort of way. This is all about everything meta about Quam Plures. The general direction, the support tools, stuff like that.

Moderator: Dracones

Re: Domains and Hosting

Postby Tblue » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:17 pm

Okay, $30.00 US for one year. Couldn't we split that? Wire transfers to the US seem to cost me an additional fee of €1.50 and apparently, I can choose to pay the payee's fees as well (never had to transfer money to foreign, non-EU countries yet, so I'm not sure how it all works).

Well, so I currently have like €50 (yes, fifty euro) in my bank account which is not much as well, but since I'm still living with my parents that's not a big problem.
Tblue
Dracone

Postby leeturner » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:02 pm

Splitting it would be a good idea. Can we have a show of hands to see who is able to contribute?

L
leeturner
Dracone

Postby Tblue » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:24 pm

I would be willing to chip in, but I obviously can't pay the whole $30 either.
Tblue
Dracone

Postby Kimberly » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:33 pm

I am willing to chip in as well. Hopefully we can get enough people to chip in where it will only cost each of us a couple of dollars (or pound, or euro or whatever your country currency).
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby Laibcoms » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:42 am

Where or to whom do I send it? (And how? :p)

I'll chip in U$10 / year for the domain, I'll just add additional if I can. ^^

Or maybe we can have a virtual-bank of sorts so we can send there anytime we want and if we need to pay for bills we already have something to use.
QuamPlures Template: Paninap Themes
Add me: Google+
Blogs: The Hæven of John; gameshogun
Laibcoms
Dracone

Postby leeturner » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:11 am

Hey, nice to see you back. Thanks for the donation offer. Much appreciated.

Kimberly has been busy setting up a paypal account for QP. See here for details:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=935

Cheers mate

L
leeturner
Dracone

Postby leeturner » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:11 pm

OK, I have had a reply from Scott and it seems like the servers that QP uses are not actually his at all. It appears that Yabs was in a business relationship with a guy called Nick:

Scott wrote:"Your servers" is a mis-nomer, really, as I'm not really party to deal that Yabba had worked out with his mate, Nick (other than leaching bandwidth for my own blog and co-hosting several business sites that Yabba and I both had access to and worked on in various states of "together-ness").

I've had some brief convo's with Nick and he's not mentioned what to happen to things, though I'm under the impression that he's happy to keep things going "as is", as a memorial to Yabba. (So, presume it's OKAY to leave QP where it is for the moment).

If you don't already have Nick's email, I'd be happy to forward it along and you can have a tad closer relationship with your "host provider"!

I have asked Scott for Nick's email so we can make sure we are OK to stay.

L
leeturner
Dracone

Postby leeturner » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:38 pm

I have just had an email conversation with Nick Cookson (Yab's business partner and the guy who actually owns the servers that QP is hosted on). He is a really nice guy:

I remember how much Yabs raved about Quam Plures, and earlier b2evolution, so am more than happy to carry on hosting at no cost.

No need to move, no need to pay, I just really wanted to touch base with you really.

I have offered to put something on the QP site to promote his business as a small "thank you" for hosting for free.

L
leeturner
Dracone

Postby Kimberly » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:25 am

leeturner wrote:I have just had an email conversation with Nick Cookson (Yab's business partner and the guy who actually owns the servers that QP is hosted on). He is a really nice guy:

I remember how much Yabs raved about Quam Plures, and earlier b2evolution, so am more than happy to carry on hosting at no cost.

No need to move, no need to pay, I just really wanted to touch base with you really.

I have offered to put something on the QP site to promote his business as a small "thank you" for hosting for free.

L

It is nice Nick of to continue to host the site for free. I agree that we should mention his business as a small "thank you" to him.
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby leeturner » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:11 pm

Had a reply from Nick regarding having something up on the QP site:

Maybe a link to HappilyHosted.com because Yabs girlfriend and their new born baby will also benefit from any future sales.

Can't think of anything better :D

I will get this up on the site asap.

L
leeturner
Dracone

PreviousNext

Return to The Future