Support forums : The Future

changelog post

The future of this project but not in a "I want a pony" sort of way. This is all about everything meta about Quam Plures. The general direction, the support tools, stuff like that.

Moderator: Dracones

changelog post

Postby EdB » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:30 pm

Where oh where shall it go? I mean, in which of the 8 blogs we got there. I'm guessing ... ah heck I ain't guessing. Somebody probably has an idea on it so I'll just ask :)
EdB
Dracone

Re: changelog post

Postby Yabs » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:53 am

Feel free to pick the destination of your choice ;)

Off topic I'll try and get round to some more code review shortly, just catching up with loads of client work atm.

Mind you, nothing to stop others leaping in and doing reviews ;)

¥
I may have opened the door but you entered of your own free will

Image Techno Babble II
Image Tacky Pad 3
Yabs
Dracone

Postby EdB » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:33 pm

Okay cool. It is going in "news" because eventually it seems like that's where it should be. Currently it is a draft but I'm going to change it to "protected" so's peeps with logins can see it. Or maybe not but probably yeah. Okay just did - so http://quamplures.net/news.php/2011/01/ ... after-v0-0 is it.

EDIT:
A style for <dt class="dbase"> would allow highlighting those because those might exist across a couple of types of changes.
A style for <dd><span> to tweak the look of the datestamp would be nice but obviously isn't all that big a deal.

Styles for a few types of DLs would be good! Or is it 'legal' to have text after the DL tag? I figure the blockquote text is the types of changes we'd want to have grouped in DLs, so we either style them or use text for them or both.
EdB
Dracone

Postby leeturner » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:20 pm

Did we not say this was going in the blog at blog.qp.net ?

L
leeturner
Dracone

Postby EdB » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:49 pm

I dunno. Did we? Heck I didn't even know we had a qp.net :shock: oh wait. we don't. you meant the 'blog' blog on this domain.

I dunno. It ain't really bloggish stuff is it? No vested interest either way. I'm pretty sure this thing can move posts from one blog to another, or does that still take editing files? Or deleting after copying then pasting ;)
EdB
Dracone

Postby EdB » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:50 pm

oh yeah that's right. a use for the blog. I wasn't thinking us.tld/blog=blog even though that's what I said.

I'm pretty tired. not sleeping right lately. will take care of later. was redoing autodocs when the pc decided it needed to crash, so now I'm redoing the redo so I can upload. hey it just finished. now to upload about 54 megs of stuff...
EdB
Dracone

Postby Yabs » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:51 pm

EdB wrote:A style for <dt class="dbase"> .... etc

When I get a moment, I'll kill and rebuild your ftp access to ~/ so you can play with everywhere ;)

¥

Image Techno Babble II
Image Tacky Pad 3
Yabs
Dracone

Postby Kimberly » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:42 am

EdB wrote:I dunno. Did we? Heck I didn't even know we had a qp.net :shock: oh wait. we don't. you meant the 'blog' blog on this domain.

Yeah, I went looking for it. Seems qp.net got taken over by chowchow; I hate these damn domain whores who gobble up every domain that comes up for renewal. qp.com is available, but I see no real need for it.
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby Tblue » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:04 pm

Domain squatters suck. If we really need a short domain, we could pick something like qp-blog.net...

Well, but honestly, we already have 4 or so domain names (quamplures.net/.com/.org/.be -- any other TLDs?) anyway.

//edit: qp.com is taken.
Tblue
Dracone

Postby Yabs » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:13 pm

All < 5 letter domains are taken ;) .. have been for years

¥

Image Techno Babble II
Image Tacky Pad 3
Yabs
Dracone