Support forums : The Future

changelog post

The future of this project but not in a "I want a pony" sort of way. This is all about everything meta about Quam Plures. The general direction, the support tools, stuff like that.

Moderator: Dracones

Re: changelog post

Postby EdB » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:55 pm

leeturner wrote:... Note to self - change the 'bugs' link in the dropdown menu at the top of qp.net to link to new bug tracker ...
The quote is from a different thread that more aligns with over here.

I just standardized most of the widgets across the blogs at quamplures.net and put a bloglist widget on many of them. Can't do it on the main page due to it looks like crap when the sidebar is down below and not really expecting a bloglist. Anyway I also turned on templates in global settings->files then grabbed a copy of all the files for qp_theme then turned off files again. I don't like not having an "edit" link on items is the primary driver for that action, but I also noticed a require_once for /home/quamplur/public_html/_common/_header.php. Is that a file you can tinker in? Bottom line is somehow a bloglist on the main page would be nice.
EdB
Dracone

Postby leeturner » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:22 pm

I can access that file and I have updated the link to the bug tracker. What else would you like to be added to it ?
leeturner
Dracone

Postby EdB » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:30 pm

Somehow integrating a bloglist type of feature. Hit http://blog.quamplures.net/ and you can see it in the sidebar now, but once you get home it is gone. So rather than trying to make it work on home perhaps adding bits under the "Quam Plures" top level that has a dropdown?

Actually it takes more thinking than I've given it. The "Home" blog is already linked under "Quam Plures" so that eventually leads to all other blogs. But now it is duplicated in the sidebar so I should turn off "include in bloglist" for that one.

Okay great idea: let's just think about the navigation and content of the various blogs we have there.
EdB
Dracone

Previous

Return to The Future