Support forums : The Future

Documenting code changes

The future of this project but not in a "I want a pony" sort of way. This is all about everything meta about Quam Plures. The general direction, the support tools, stuff like that.

Moderator: Dracones

Documenting code changes

Postby leeturner » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:29 pm

EdB from a different thread wrote:In theory that was supposed to be the way, but as it turns out I've been updating it as we go along no matter who's branch it was. Actually I'm about 4 or 6 merges behind on it, and if memory serves me I kinda changed what I was doing there. Something about instead of chronologically within a type I went to straight chronological and use the type for a bit of styling along the edge. I think it came out better but I forget.

Somewhere I have that post on this PC so I can edit it here then copy/paste to the real home

Anyway unless you want to jump in I figured on taking care of that till we made a new release.

Hi Ed. I just wanted to check about documenting the code updates. I know you were doing this before but my assumption is now that you will be not doing this as you are focussing more on documenting QP5. If this isn't correct then let me know otherwise I'll carry on doing it.

Cheers
Lee
leeturner
Dracone

Re: Documenting code changes

Postby EdB » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:42 pm

Haven't done it in a while but have no objection to carrying on with it. At this point I'm probably half a dozen merges out of date on it but that ain't no biggie. On the laptop I keep all the emails about merges and use them to tell me where I left off. Fire it up and do a few updates to the post, then delete the emails. Plus I keep the guts of the item in a file on the desktop machine so I can edit easier than in admin side.

I'll get 'er updated today or tomorrow.
EdB
Dracone

Re: Documenting code changes

Postby leeturner » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:04 pm

Excellent, nice one !!

L
leeturner
Dracone

Return to The Future