Support forums : The Future

Advertisments

The future of this project but not in a "I want a pony" sort of way. This is all about everything meta about Quam Plures. The general direction, the support tools, stuff like that.

Moderator: Dracones

Advertisments

Postby Kimberly » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:00 pm

I have been contacted by a UK firm that is relatively new. They have asked about placing a text-base advertisement on QuamPlures.net. Is this something we would be interesting in doing, or do we want to keep our website free from such things? We don't have a lot of operational costs since the web hosting is being donated; mostly just paying for the domain fees.
Kimberly
Dracone

Re: Advertisments

Postby EdB » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:13 pm

I don't have an issue with the idea. I mean, even low costs are measurable right?
EdB
Dracone

Postby Kimberly » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:27 pm

I am going to contact them and see what they offer. We do have to pay for the domain costs. We can use any extra for something else, such as giving back a bit to hour hosting company. We have a paypal account but I never finished setting it up.
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby Kimberly » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:33 pm

This is the response I got back: I am not so sure about this company now. I figured it would be an advert block placed on our page. However, we have to write a blog post relevant to "our client in the gaming industry" I am not sure I follow that.

============
Hi Kimberly,

Thank you for getting back to me.

After reviewing your website, we think that a new blog post would be the best and least intrusive option for you. You are free to come up with the content of the article or blog post, but we do ask that it is in some way relevant to our client in the gaming industry and is composed of roughly 300 words.

We'll pay 120EUR as an annual upfront payment and we will endeavour to make sure that you are paid within two working days, using PayPal or Moneybookers.

Please let me know if you're interested, so I can have your site assessed by our Technical team. I can then send the advert details and client information.

Alternatively, if you have any more questions about this advert type, then please do let me know.

Thanks,
Alison
Kimberly
Dracone

Return to The Future