Support forums : You can sense the bug

delayed $Messages ?

Not like "it smells funny when I click that". This is for bugs that don't show an error but something just doesn't seem right or ends up doing something you think is wrong. It doesn't show you an error but you know something ain't right.

Moderator: Dracones

delayed $Messages ?

Postby EdB » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:13 pm

I'm getting something strange happening which I'll describe the lead-up and what just happened. Yesterday I edited a bunch of items. Added an attachment to my plugins so now they are linked to a zip icon and attached to each post. Not a big deal right? Computer off, sleep, computer on, blah blah blah, computer off, go do stuff, computer on, go look at my blog for something unrelated just now a minute ago. I got 4 copies of "post has already pinged" and "item updated" or whatever it was I forget already.

In other words, today I got $Messages that I should have gotten yesterday. Not sure if I also saw them yesterday or not. Didn't bother to notice.

Anyway I've also been seeing that with my twitter plugin testing which I thought may have been due to the plugin using $Messages instead of $this->msg( 'foo', 'note' ) or whatever. In twitter I have to go straight to messages because _callback doesn't have the plugin identified as $this. So anyway it has been in the back of my mind, and today I see it on stuff completely unrelated to that plugin.

Anybody else seeing delayed $Messages like that?
EdB
Dracone

Re: delayed $Messages ?

Postby leeturner » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:29 am

Never seen this one at all.

I guess it could be twitter plugin related as I guess you are the only one who has the recent changes installed?

L
leeturner
Dracone

Re: delayed $Messages ?

Postby EdB » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:53 am

Could be. Gonna have to disable/delete it and do some post editing to test that angle. Could also be browser-based maybe.

Also gotta get twitter wrapped up. Created a new post yesterday that said it pinged 2 accounts, but again I forgot to save the new plugin settings so again I'm not sure if it failed to tweet because of no content in the tweet or because it simply failed. Code-wise it "should" be tweeting twice. Ah well. Never a dull moment eh?
EdB
Dracone

Return to You can sense the bug