Support forums : You can sense the bug

Not like "it smells funny when I click that". This is for bugs that don't show an error but something just doesn't seem right or ends up doing something you think is wrong. It doesn't show you an error but you know something ain't right.

Moderator: Dracones

Re: hacked?

Postby EdB » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:26 pm

Yabs wrote:...
Hmmm, I can see a new plugin on the horizon. It'd want to count files and folders and compare file sizes/contents/timestamps and be "updateable" if, for example, you add new images to your media directory / upload a new plugin or template.

Zactly. Well, I hadn't considered file sizes and timestamps due to the very first time you ran this plugin it would freak out for *every* file. Maybe as an option that can be turned on after first run? Anyway I figured each folder and all files in each folder have a name, so basically it's a bunch of arrays that someone could say "good file - add it to the array" when they did templates or plugins or media.

Perhaps it should make a huge table so it can have all the data for dates and file sizes? Problem is we have 503 php files, 504 after it writes a config file, less if you drop the install folder or files, so call it 500 .php files, and 81 .css files, and 150 .js files. AND images. 372 pngs, 241 gifs, 50 jpgs and a single jpeg. AND 70 .po/.pot files. So checking everything gets to be a HUGE undertaking. Pulling a directory tree from the base package isn't a big deal. Making that a comparable thingie is where the mind begins boggling until full tilt mode takes over.

But yeah it'd be way cool eh?

Postby Yabs » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:46 pm

It's not as hard as you think, recursion is your friend ;)

Excellent idea .. piques my interest ;)

I may have opened the door but you entered of your own free will

Image Techno Babble II
Image Tacky Pad 3

Postby Afwas » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:40 am

I put a somewhat more indept thought on EdB's attacked server in a new topic: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=718&p=4838#p4838

Return to You can sense the bug