Support forums : You can sense the bug

Toolbar has non-existent links

Not like "it smells funny when I click that". This is for bugs that don't show an error but something just doesn't seem right or ends up doing something you think is wrong. It doesn't show you an error but you know something ain't right.

Moderator: Dracones

Re: Toolbar has non-existent links

Postby Kimberly » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:44 pm

Back when I was the "do it all admin" for a local organisation I built a website for them and had a css only driven menu with dropdows and flyouts. However, to get it to work in IE6, I had to do the hacks and place tables in certain locations. I mention that as a lead up to this question, What browsers and versions do we want to support? Of course I would say that IE6 should be out of the way now, but b2evo 3.3.x had a bug with the editor that appeared on IE8 (reported as fixed in 4.0.0 alpha). The bug was not actually a b2evo bug, but a bug inside of IE8.

Personally, I am tired of IE hacks and they should be long gone given the resources that Microsoft has at hand. My client saw the bug with IE8 with images and I simply told him to download FireFox and use it to edit his blogs as I don't support IE and it is an IE bug.
Kimberly
Dracone

Previous

Return to You can sense the bug