Support forums : You can sense the bug

TinyMCE doesn't respect user settings

Not like "it smells funny when I click that". This is for bugs that don't show an error but something just doesn't seem right or ends up doing something you think is wrong. It doesn't show you an error but you know something ain't right.

Moderator: Dracones

TinyMCE doesn't respect user settings

Postby Yabs » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:25 am

For kicks edit your profile, enable tiny and disable "control form closing" then meander over to the write tab and start typing, press refresh ;)

¥
I may have opened the door but you entered of your own free will

Image Techno Babble II
Image Tacky Pad 3
Yabs
Dracone

Re: TinyMCE doesn't respect user settings

Postby EdB » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:43 am

nice one. Gotta love a bug that needs a setup and is then plain as can be eh?

Somewhere in the dim and distant past I did a hack that stopped the stupid bozo_checker thing from harassing me if all I did was click inside the textarea, but didn't even know I could turn it off completely. Also dig this: leave that thing on and use file manager popup to insert (not attach) an image. Then click on whatever other tab floats your boat. bozo_checker won't go off because you never actually clicked inside the textarea. Oh and just for kicks if you attach a file then change your mind it's too late: clicking the icon attaches and saves. Without notice of course :)
EdB
Dracone

Postby Yabs » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:01 am

It's an easy fix, as long as none of the tiny plugins need unload ... and even then it might work ... just tickled me when I found it ;)

¥
I may have opened the door but you entered of your own free will

Image Techno Babble II
Image Tacky Pad 3
Yabs
Dracone

Postby Kimberly » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:13 pm

EdB wrote:Also dig this: leave that thing on and use file manager popup to insert (not attach) an image. Then click on whatever other tab floats your boat. bozo_checker won't go off because you never actually clicked inside the textarea.

I tried this one and the bozo_checker was triggered. Has it been addresses since this thread was started?
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby EdB » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:26 pm

Interesting. I just did this and did not get bozo to go off. Saw the code for the image, clicked on blog settings and went there without issue. Ah okay got it: the same steps only with TinyMCE active triggers the bozo validator thingie. Which actually makes sense right? I mean, it makes sense that if the textarea actually has a change then the warning should happen. It doesn't make sense that two editors produce different results. hm!
EdB
Dracone

Return to You can sense the bug