Support forums : You can see the bug

intros and read-more

A red message that stops the whole page from loading; a full page, but a message that looks like it came from the server; a red box with red text that we made: All of these are bugs you can see, so report them here. kthxbai :)

Moderator: Dracones

Forum rules
Can you copy/paste the error message, or do a screenshot that shows what is wrong? If not maybe you've got a "you can sense it" bug.

intros and read-more

Postby EdB » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:48 am

They don't mix. I mean, if you do a !M in an intro-main and click through you get "Sorry, there is nothing to display...".

:x

Edit intro-anything is crap. nice idea, complete crap for implementation.
EdB
Dracone

Re: intros and read-more

Postby EdB » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:23 pm

Okay here is where I'm at, and I'd really like to hear from the folks who use this if there is anyone using this feature.

Intro-foo posts can not have a permalink page, which explains why they couldn't have a "read more" actually work. This seems due primarily to how MainList gets created, so I started tinkering in that neighborhood. What I've done so far is to create a new $disp type: 'intro', then create a new page to display this type: intro.main.php. So far so good, but I'm getting the Blog's title instead of the Item's title in the page head section.

This way the only thing affected is the ability to display an intro-type post as a stand-alone item. Which means you can do "intro main" and always expect it on top of any multipost page without other filters, AND allow for comments or (for my purposes) a very long intro item. My goal was 2 paragraphs displayed in multipost mode and the full monty on it's own permalink. I'm close, but I gotta get the title done then see how it affects the SEO settings we have in there.
EdB
Dracone

Re: intros and read-more

Postby EdB » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:19 am

https://code.launchpad.net/~edb/quam-pl ... s_get_real

I'll push stuff there fairly soon, and it'll work, but it is NOT ready for prime time. I gotta make it work across all canned templates instead of just evopress, and see if I can't figure out what will break because of the changes. Probably nothing but down that path lies half a dozen corrective branches in our future.
EdB
Dracone

Return to You can see the bug