Support forums : You can see the bug

File manager bugs

A red message that stops the whole page from loading; a full page, but a message that looks like it came from the server; a red box with red text that we made: All of these are bugs you can see, so report them here. kthxbai :)

Moderator: Dracones

Forum rules
Can you copy/paste the error message, or do a screenshot that shows what is wrong? If not maybe you've got a "you can sense it" bug.

File manager bugs

Postby Yabs » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:49 pm

1. Fairly certain EdB muttered about the one where the default sort order gets changed when you do stuff ... that one still exists.
  2. Create a subfolder in the blog media folder of your choice, upload an image, any image ... wait until you see the groovy thumbnail and then delete the image, go up to teh subfolders parent and try and delete the (empty) subfolder. ... it's caused because .cache still exists ;)
  3. Create 2 blogs, for both pick custom media path/url ( url isn't that important ), give them both the same path. Create a bunch of groovy subdirs, upload some files if you like .... then meander over to files > uploads ... you should see a kinky lil folder list on the left hand side of your browser with some funky lil +/- open/close icons ... open and close them for the first blogs media dir .. then try and do the same for the second blogs media dir. Gets groovier, the clicks on 2nd blog react with first blogs icons/dirs ;)

The last one is an easy fix by adding a random tail to the id="" ... so far it doesn't seem to crash anything by doing that.

¥
I may have opened the door but you entered of your own free will

Image Techno Babble II
Image Tacky Pad 3
Yabs
Dracone

Re: File manager bugs

Postby Kimberly » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:42 pm

I know the first happens with the file manager in a pop-up, you do stuff and when the manager in a pop-up reloads will reload with the sort order changed.
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby Yabs » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:48 pm

Doesn't matter if it's in a popup or not.

¥
I may have opened the door but you entered of your own free will

Image Techno Babble II
Image Tacky Pad 3
Yabs
Dracone

Postby EdB » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:50 pm

The popup problems are pretty much my fault but I don't know what to do. Personally I felt that FM in popup shouldn't be full FM, but I now see reasonable and realistic usages where it would be desired. Anyway it needs rehab in a major way. I still feel adding a new file for FM in a popup is the way to go, and maybe some back office options for what happens there.

Another in a long list of FM issues that need correcting: decide to edit the doodads of any given image and all you get is the edit fields. How about a thumbnail of whatever you're tinkering on?

A solution to something Yabs identified is that deletion needs to clean up after itself, and if .cache is seen to be empty after a deletion then .cache needs to be wiped off the face of the earth then flicked like a booger towards the sun where the immense gravity our private little star offers will eventually collect and destroy the damned thing. It's the "flick like a booger" portion that makes the code extremely complex. I'd say, just to beat Yabs to it, that any flicking of files needs to be a plugin.

I always end up going cross-eyed and half-blind when I look at any of the code that drives the file manager. It is waaaay to evo for me :(
EdB
Dracone

Return to You can see the bug