Support forums : You can see the bug

another problem with excerpts on multipost pages

A red message that stops the whole page from loading; a full page, but a message that looks like it came from the server; a red box with red text that we made: All of these are bugs you can see, so report them here. kthxbai :)

Moderator: Dracones

Forum rules
Can you copy/paste the error message, or do a screenshot that shows what is wrong? If not maybe you've got a "you can sense it" bug.

another problem with excerpts on multipost pages

Postby EdB » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:45 pm

Check out a default installation with "excerpts" selected for multi-post pages. Note the second item on blog A.
This is an extended post. This means you only see this small teaser on a multi-post page, and must click on the link below (or the permalink) to see more. This is the extended text. You only see it when you have clicked the "more »" link. This fe
I bolded the problem. The excerpt is not recognizing, or rather is throwing out, the idea that there is a limiter in place. IMHO the automagically generated excerpt should not contain stuff after a !M, !NT, or !NP.
EdB
Dracone

Re: another problem with excerpts on multipost pages

Postby Tblue » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:58 pm

Agreed. As I'm preparing for my A-Levels at the moment, I don't have the time to look that this, but I think it would be reasonable to change the behaviour.
Tblue
Dracone

Postby EdB » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:30 am

I think https://code.launchpad.net/~edb/quam-plures/qp5_monster addresses this issue but I can't really say for sure. It is also possible this issue was solved long before QP collapsed and was revived. Not really sure though.
EdB
Dracone

Postby leeturner » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:34 am

We can test this after qp5 monster merge
leeturner
Dracone

Return to You can see the bug