Support forums : You can see the bug

Error on install

A red message that stops the whole page from loading; a full page, but a message that looks like it came from the server; a red box with red text that we made: All of these are bugs you can see, so report them here. kthxbai :)

Moderator: Dracones

Forum rules
Can you copy/paste the error message, or do a screenshot that shows what is wrong? If not maybe you've got a "you can sense it" bug.

Error on install

Postby Kimberly » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:58 pm

OK, the guy reported back when he went to install the latest QP

> Installing Quam Plures ...
>
> Loading modules ... OK.
> Creating default groups ... OK.
> Creating default users ... OK.
> Creating default group/blog permissions ...
> *Notice*: Undefined variable: Group_Special in */home/oldmuscles/www/www/qblog/qp_install/_create_users.php* on line *161*
>
> *Notice*: Trying to get property of non-object in */home/oldmuscles/www/www/qblog/qp_install/_create_users.php* on line *161*
>
> *Notice*: Undefined variable: Group_Special in */home/oldmuscles/www/www/qblog/qp_install/_create_users.php* on line *162*
>
> *Notice*: Trying to get property of non-object in */home/oldmuscles/www/www/qblog/qp_install/_create_users.php* on line *162*
>
> *Notice*: Undefined variable: Group_Special in */home/oldmuscles/www/www/qblog/qp_install/_create_users.php* on line *163*
>
> *Notice*: Trying to get property of non-object in */home/oldmuscles/www/www/qblog/qp_install/_create_users.php* on line *163*
>
> *Notice*: Undefined variable: Group_Special in */home/oldmuscles/www/www/qblog/qp_install/_create_users.php* on line *164*
>
> *Notice*: Trying to get property of non-object in */home/oldmuscles/www/www/qblog/qp_install/_create_users.php* on line *164*
>
> *Notice*: Undefined variable: Group_Bloggers in */home/oldmuscles/www/www/qblog/qp_install/_create_users.php* on line *165*
>
> *Notice*: Trying to get property of non-object in */home/oldmuscles/www/www/qblog/qp_install/_create_users.php* on line *165*
>
> *Notice*: Undefined variable: Group_Bloggers in */home/oldmuscles/www/www/qblog/qp_install/_create_users.php* on line *166*
>
> *Notice*: Trying to get property of non-object in */home/oldmuscles/www/www/qblog/qp_install/_create_users.php* on line *166*
>
> *Notice*: Undefined variable: Group_Bloggers in */home/oldmuscles/www/www/qblog/qp_install/_create_users.php* on line *167*
>
> *Notice*: Trying to get property of non-object in */home/oldmuscles/www/www/qblog/qp_install/_create_users.php* on line *167*
>
> *Notice*: Undefined variable: Group_Bloggers in */home/oldmuscles/www/www/qblog/qp_install/_create_users.php* on line *168*
>
> *Notice*: Trying to get property of non-object in */home/oldmuscles/www/www/qblog/qp_install/_create_users.php* on line *168*
>
> *Notice*: Undefined variable: Group_Users in */home/oldmuscles/www/www/qblog/qp_install/_create_users.php* on line *169*
>
> *Notice*: Trying to get property of non-object in */home/oldmuscles/www/www/qblog/qp_install/_create_users.php* on line *169*
>
> *Notice*: Undefined variable: Group_Users in */home/oldmuscles/www/www/qblog/qp_install/_create_users.php* on line *170*
>
> *Notice*: Trying to get property of non-object in */home/oldmuscles/www/www/qblog/qp_install/_create_users.php* on line *170*
>
> *Notice*: Undefined variable: Group_Users in */home/oldmuscles/www/www/qblog/qp_install/_create_users.php* on line *171*
>
> *Notice*: Trying to get property of non-object in */home/oldmuscles/www/www/qblog/qp_install/_create_users.php* on line *171*
>
> *Notice*: Undefined variable: Group_Users in */home/oldmuscles/www/www/qblog/qp_install/_create_users.php* on line *172*
>
> *Notice*: Trying to get property of non-object in */home/oldmuscles/www/www/qblog/qp_install/_create_users.php* on line *172*
>
>
> An unexpected error has occurred!
>
> If this error persists, please report it to the administrator.
>
> Go back to home page <http://oldmuscles.com/qblog/>
>
>
> Additional information about this error:
>
> MySQL error!
>
> *You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 1, 'published,deprecated,protected,private,draft', 1, 1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1 ), ( 2,' at line 18(Errno=1064)*
>
> Your query:
>
> INSERT INTO qp_blog_groups(
> bloggroup_blog_ID,
> bloggroup_group_ID,
> bloggroup_ismember,
> bloggroup_perm_poststatuses,
> bloggroup_perm_delpost,
> bloggroup_perm_comments,
> bloggroup_perm_cats,
> bloggroup_perm_properties,
> bloggroup_perm_media_upload,
> bloggroup_perm_media_browse,
> bloggroup_perm_media_change )
>
>
> VALUES
> ( 1, 1, 1, 'published,deprecated,protected,private,draft', 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 ),
> ( 2, 1, 1, 'published,deprecated,protected,private,draft', 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 ),
> ( 3, 1, 1, 'published,deprecated,protected,private,draft', 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 ),
> ( 4, 1, 1, 'published,deprecated,protected,private,draft', 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 ),
> ( 1, , 1, 'published,deprecated,protected,private,draft', 1, 1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1 ),
> ( 2, , 1, 'published,deprecated,protected,private,draft', 1, 1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1 ),
> ( 3, , 1, 'published,deprecated,protected,private,draft', 1, 1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1 ),
> ( 4, , 1, 'published,deprecated,protected,private,draft', 1, 1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1 ),
> ( 1, , 1, 'published,deprecated,protected,private,draft', 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0 ),
> ( 2, , 1, 'published,deprecated,protected,private,draft', 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0 ),
> ( 3, , 1, 'published,deprecated,protected,private,draft', 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0 ),
> ( 4, , 1, 'published,deprecated,protected,private,draft', 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0 ),
> ( 1, , 1, '', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 ),
> ( 2, , 1, '', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 ),
> ( 3, , 1, '', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 ),
> ( 4, , 1, '', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 )
Kimberly
Dracone

Re: Error on install

Postby Kimberly » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:26 pm

I get this on a new install as well. We just lost a user because of this.
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby Kimberly » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:51 pm

The problem lies if you select do not install sample content; the if must not be working probably in some way.
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby Kimberly » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:59 am

I guess these forums are dead. I don't really know where to look for the problem If I had not run into that problem with the database password containing a $ I would have seen this way back then because I don't install the demo content.
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby EdB » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:05 am

I wonder which version that was?

I'm spending full time driving a cab for very little income, but I'll try to figure out something about this issue. I hardly ever do an install without content ... but usually it is customized content. Anyway it shouldn't be a hard one to fix and will justify a release.

Oh and yeah it seems the forums are dead :(
EdB
Dracone

Postby Kimberly » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:27 pm

Yes, I know I have not been around but QP is always just in the back of my mind to get back here. The problem is that we all are struggling.

It is the current release that is from the big green button. I did have a look at the code but have never played with the installer so don't know the flow.
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby Kimberly » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:36 am

EdB wrote:I'm spending full time driving a cab for very little income,

So you are not driving the truck now?
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby EdB » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:22 pm

Haven't driven a truck in quite a while ... found and fixed this bug by the way. Now if only I can remember how to make branches happen .......
EdB
Dracone

Postby EdB » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:41 pm

okay the branch is now in merge ... it should, of course, be tested. I did a naked install of QP5 and had the same problem, solved it, then made the solution in a branch here. Assuming it works I'll update the big green button and try to figure out how to make other locations for downloading show the latest version
EdB
Dracone

Return to You can see the bug