Support forums : You can see the bug

Permission Error?

A red message that stops the whole page from loading; a full page, but a message that looks like it came from the server; a red box with red text that we made: All of these are bugs you can see, so report them here. kthxbai :)

Moderator: Dracones

Forum rules
Can you copy/paste the error message, or do a screenshot that shows what is wrong? If not maybe you've got a "you can sense it" bug.

Re: Permission Error?

Postby Kimberly » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:08 pm

Another thing, unless there is an entry that is absolutely needed for your particular host setup, simply disabling the .htaccess file will tell you if it is the problem. To disable, simply rename it to .htaccess_disable and to return it to operation remove the _disable.
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby Kimberly » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:16 pm

I see you have three different blogs setup with three different Quam Plures installation. You say it is doing it only on two of the three? What can you tell us about the three different installations, version, etc.? If it is doing it on only two of the three and not the third, that may help us to know why.
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby edoc7 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:06 pm

Here is the one from /public_html/

Code: Select all
# -FrontPage-

IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*

<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
</Limit>
<Limit PUT DELETE>
order deny,allow
deny from all
</Limit>
AuthName http://www.bibleseven.com
AuthUserFile /home/bible/public_html/_vti_pvt/service.pwd
AuthGroupFile /home/bible/public_html/_vti_pvt/service.grp
edoc7

Postby edoc7 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:14 pm

Kimberly wrote:One thing you need to know about .htaccess is that it works for the level it is in, and for any sub-folders/directories below its level. So if you have an .htaccess file in your root, its settings will work for all sub-folders/directions below it unless you overwrite with another .htaccess file. So you want to also check what is in the root level of your server outside of the QP folder.

I don't see any .htaccess below /public_html/
edoc7

Postby edoc7 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:15 pm

EdB wrote:Also, some features one might use on cpanel will modify your .htaccess file for you. preventing hot linking is one of them as an example. So it is possible that something you did actually did modify your .htaccess file for you.

If that is the case y'all would be able to spot that in the .htaccess that I posted?
edoc7

Postby Kimberly » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:17 am

That .htaccess is the one in your root. Each QP installation may have the .htaccess that QP ships.

I noticed from the .htaccess that you pasted that you have FrontPage Extensions installed. That is the .htaccess that FrontPage Extensions will install and if you are using Frontpage Extensions you need to leave that intact and place any extra below the last line in that file.

Now, that about limits my knowledge of FrontPage Extensions. I will have to leave it to others here if something about FrontPage Extensions could cause this strange error?
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby edoc7 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:46 am

Isn't FrontPage some proprietary MS Web tool?

I don't use anything from MS and have no idea where that may have come from.

Unless QP needs it I am guessing it may be deleted.
edoc7

Postby EdB » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:17 am

Yes, but I'd ask the host why it is there and if they would kindly uninstall FrontPage extensions. Just deleting it from the areas you can see it at might not be enough is what I mean. Actually, you might even have an option to remove them from your cpanel, but I wouldn't delete them via a file manager or FTP.
EdB
Dracone

Postby edoc7 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:43 pm

Is this from /public_html/qp_files/quam-plures/error_log helpful?

Code: Select all
[28-Mar-2012 22:12:09] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: Debuglog in
/home/nevils/public_html/qp_files/quam-plures/qp_inc/sessions/model/_hit.class.php
on line 759

[28-Mar-2012 22:12:09] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function
add() on a non-object in
/home/nevils/public_html/qp_files/quam-plures/qp_inc/sessions/model/_hit.class.php
on line 759

Then on April 2nd there is this ugly mysql error due to an entry for
"google.it":

[02-Apr-2012 07:29:24] Quam Plures error: MySQL error! / Duplicate
entry 'google.lt' for key 2(Errno=1062) / Your query: INSERT INTO
qp_basedomains( dom_name ) /                / VALUES( 'google.lt' ) in
/home/nevils/public_html/qp_files/quam-plures/qp_inc/_core/model/db/_db.class.php
at line 584 / REQUEST_URI:
/qp_files/quam-plures/blog5.php/2012/03/09/superpacs-follow-the-money-for-meaning
/ HTTP_REFERER:
http://www.google.lt/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=follow%20the%20money%20meaning&source=web&cd=9&sqi=2&ved=0CGgQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnevils-station.com%2Fqp_files%2Fquam-plures%2Fblog5.php%2F2012%2F03%2F09%2Fsuperpacs-follow-the-money-for-meaning&ei=CVR5T9ecIJOS8gOslMkt&usg=AFQjCNF-Y-3W2-EfajGATTe77aSmAEw1rQ
edoc7

Postby Kimberly » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:32 pm

edoc7 wrote:Is this from /public_html/qp_files/quam-plures/error_log helpful?

Not to me, I am afraid.

Did you check into the FrontPage Extensions? It could be that when you first signed up for your hosting, it was asked if you wanted FrontPage Extensions installed and you may have clicked yes without understanding what FP Extensions was about.

FrontPage Server Extensions Defined

The FrontPage Server Extensions are actually a group of programs which run on a server. Your local server has them, and if your webs are on an Internet Server which supports FrontPage, they are on the remote server as well. In fact, every FrontPage web on a server has its' own set of extensions, as well as the server itself.

The server extensions affect 3 basic areas of functionality:

Authoring. The Server Extensions interact with FrontPage Explorer when you do file/folder maintenance functions, such as moving, deleting, and renaming files and/or folders in your FrontPage webs. For example, if you move a file from one folder to another, the Server Extensions will edit all hyperlinks to and from that file to point to the correct (new) locations.

Administering. The Server Extensions handle communications with the server, related to permissions, and keep track of who has done what, and when, in the case of multiple authors on a single web.

Browse-time Functionality. This is where those "WebBots" come in. When these "components" are employed in a web, the Server Extensions provide them with their functionality. In this sense, the extensions behave much like CGI programs.

Even if the FP Extension are not causing your problems you probably don't want them installed if you do not need them.

Edit Don't try doing it manually. If your Cpanel does not have a remove FP Ext. button, contact your host.
Kimberly
Dracone

PreviousNext

Return to You can see the bug