Support forums : You can see the bug

[RESOLVED]File Manager Thumbnail Error

A red message that stops the whole page from loading; a full page, but a message that looks like it came from the server; a red box with red text that we made: All of these are bugs you can see, so report them here. kthxbai :)

Moderator: Dracones

Forum rules
Can you copy/paste the error message, or do a screenshot that shows what is wrong? If not maybe you've got a "you can sense it" bug.

[RESOLVED]File Manager Thumbnail Error

Postby Kimberly » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:28 pm

I went to a folder that contain a swf file which was used in a post. When the file manager generated the thumbnails it encountered the swf file and responded: "Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /qp_inc/files/model/_file.class.php on line 1764"

I noticed the .flv file the thumbnail is replaced with "unknown" so why didn't the handler not do the same for the .swf file? I will examine this more later but wanted to post it in case others already have an answer.
Kimberly
Dracone

Re: [RESOLVED]File Manager Thumbnail Error

Postby Kimberly » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:13 am

Silly me, there was no file type for swf. I simply added it to my file types with mime type of application/x-shockwave-flash. Problem solved.
Kimberly
Dracone

Re: [RESOLVED]File Manager Thumbnail Error

Postby Kimberly » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:59 pm

From a non techie user's point of view, we need an error trap here and not display a PHP error message pointing to the code. The guy that I have built a site for would probably not understand and it looks as if the software is broken when actually it just did not have an entry for the file.
Kimberly
Dracone

Return to You can see the bug