Support forums : You can see the bug

Evo Converter hangs

A red message that stops the whole page from loading; a full page, but a message that looks like it came from the server; a red box with red text that we made: All of these are bugs you can see, so report them here. kthxbai :)

Moderator: Dracones

Forum rules
Can you copy/paste the error message, or do a screenshot that shows what is wrong? If not maybe you've got a "you can sense it" bug.

Evo Converter hangs

Postby Kimberly » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:39 pm

In the middle of converting the hitlog the evo converter hanged. It would contact the server, get 100 entries to convert, then hang. Tried restarting several times with the same result. At this point I guess I need to reinstall and try again.
Kimberly
Dracone

Re: Evo Converter hangs

Postby Kimberly » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:52 pm

Could it be an entry in the hitlog that is causing the converter to hang? I think I will clear out the hitlog before trying to import the blog again. It is these kinds of things that is actually nice to encounter even if they are a pain at the time because we can address them and then if others encounters similar problems we already have knowledge.

Edit Cleaning out the hitlog is not an option since users may not want to lose all the information across all the stats
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby Kimberly » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:07 am

Cleaning out some of the entries in the hitlog table fixed the problem. Question, for those who understand the converter, what would cause the convert to hang on converting entries in the hitlog?
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby EdB » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:37 pm

I've never looked under the hood so I dunno anything about it, but if peeps know they should purge the hitlog to migrate they can make an informed choice, rather than have it hang and convince them to stay with the spamapp.
EdB
Dracone

Postby Kimberly » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:23 pm

EdB wrote:I've never looked under the hood so I dunno anything about it, but if peeps know they should purge the hitlog to migrate they can make an informed choice, rather than have it hang and convince them to stay with the spamapp.

I agree. They can always ask in the forum for help if it gets stuck. I wish I could have known what caused it to hang; my guess is a strange non standard entry of some sorts. If I knew then we might could have it to skip the conversion of such entries.
Kimberly
Dracone

Return to You can see the bug