Support forums : Quickies

FlowPlayer Plugin

A home for really quick one-liner thoughts about what we need to fix or do or whatever. If they spark discussion we move it, otherwise this is like post-it notes.

Moderator: Dracones

FlowPlayer Plugin

Postby Kimberly » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:05 am

The client wants to be able to upload videos and have them play in the website. Looking at the players out there, Flowplayer would be very simple to setup and creating a plugin for it would be easy. However, what I want to do is also to be able for the client to use the file manger and create a new video blog post much as is now done with an image. Select a video file in the file manager and use the dropdown box to select, "Create Video Post"; or some such words. Is it possible for a plugin to hook into the file manager and add this or would I have to hack this in directly? This is how flow player can automatically take a link and turn it into an embedded video player.

After putting the necessary bits in the header:

Code: Select all
<!-- this A tag is where your Flowplayer will be placed. it can be anywhere -->
<a href="http://pseudo01.hddn.com/vod/demo.flowplayervod/flowplayer-700.flv"
style="display:block;width:520px;height:330px" id="player"> </a>

<!-- this will install flowplayer inside previous A- tag. -->
<script>
flowplayer("player", "../flowplayer-3.2.15.swf");
</script>
Kimberly
Dracone

Re: FlowPlayer Plugin

Postby leeturner » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:18 pm

I created a simple flow player plugin for evo ages ago that I never got round to releasing. You can have a copy of that if you like? Might give you a head start ?
leeturner
Dracone

Postby Kimberly » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:09 am

leeturner wrote:I created a simple flow player plugin for evo ages ago that I never got round to releasing. You can have a copy of that if you like? Might give you a head start ?

Thank you. I appreciate the offer and yes, send it my way.
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby leeturner » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:27 am

It needs work but should give you a head start.

L
Attachments
flowplayer_plugin.zip
(166.25 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
leeturner
Dracone

Postby Kimberly » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:09 pm

leeturner wrote:It needs work but should give you a head start.

L

Thanks Lee.
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby Kimberly » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:04 pm

As I work with the latest release of flowplayer, the javascript control has to be placed directly following the element, anchor or division, or the player will not work. If you insert a link, it can not have any text between <a> and </a> or it will not work.

Since the two have to be together, I ended up creating a new selection in the pop-up file manager, and a function to handle it, that inserts both the link and the javascript control at the same time when the user selects a video to embed. So that the user can actually see something in the editor window, I put a grey border around the anchor tag.

I don't see how this can be done as a renderer plugin; If so, then I need some feedback. Which means that one must hack the code to use the plugin. My other thought is that we place hooks in the file manager, especially in the area for the pop-up file manager, that will allow plugins to add extra selection options, along with the corresponding code to handle them, for files.
Kimberly
Dracone

Return to Quickies