Support forums : Quickies

Server 500 code error

A home for really quick one-liner thoughts about what we need to fix or do or whatever. If they spark discussion we move it, otherwise this is like post-it notes.

Moderator: Dracones

Server 500 code error

Postby Kimberly » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:24 pm

What does anyone know about the iPad and the Safari browser that is bundled with it? My client sent me an email stating she was getting a 500 error when trying to access the site; when she was trying to upload an image. I checked the site and there was no 500 error for me. I asked her to give me more details and she informs me that she was trying to access it from her iPad (must be nice to have money to burn on useless devices :lol: ) using the safari browser.

We mentioned in another thread about detecting mobile agents and using it to serve up the site differently. Anyway, could it be the tablet device she was using that could cause the server to respond with a 500 code?
Kimberly
Dracone

Re: Server 500 code error

Postby leeturner » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:14 pm

I have no idea as I don't have an iPad but I am surprised that it is causing a 500 error. I would expect it to be a little more along the lines of something not quite working right in that browser/device combination but not a 500 error.

Can you get hold of the logs and find out what error was generated ?
leeturner
Dracone

Re: Server 500 code error

Postby Kimberly » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:35 am

Yes, I can do that
Kimberly
Dracone

Return to Quickies