Support forums : Quickies

SMARTY

A home for really quick one-liner thoughts about what we need to fix or do or whatever. If they spark discussion we move it, otherwise this is like post-it notes.

Moderator: Dracones

SMARTY

Postby Kimberly » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:48 am

Anyone familiar with SMARTY? I am not. Was looking at some code and saw some things that did not make sense to me but the $smarty made be think of SMARTY as I had heard the name. So I go out and look and SMARTY is a template engine for PHP. Is it something we should be thinking about?
Kimberly
Dracone

Re: SMARTY

Postby leeturner » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:39 am

Not sure I understand. Do you mean that we should be thinking about implementing the smarty templating engine within QP ?
leeturner
Dracone

Postby Kimberly » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:29 pm

leeturner wrote:Not sure I understand. Do you mean that we should be thinking about implementing the smarty templating engine within QP ?

No, not at all. I don't know a lot about SMARTY; actually I don't know anything :D , (well, I went to the site and read up on the syntax that explained the strange code I was seeing in a php script) but had heard it mentioned over the years. Was looking at an application that uses it so I had to go out to see. Just wondering if SMARTY adds any real value. I see some applications do use it. Supposedly it is a PHP template engine.
Kimberly
Dracone

Postby leeturner » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:48 pm

I don't really know enough about it but I guess it would need to add something extra than what we have now to consider it worth investigating. I have never bothered looking at SMARTY long enough to know any more than that.
leeturner
Dracone

Return to Quickies